Difficult Stories Workshop- In-person, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Time: November 5-6: Three hours Friday, November 5; Six hours, Saturday, November 6, w/ Saturday evening concert
Location: Albuquerque Friends Meeting House, 1600 5th St., NW, Albuquerque, NM
Covid-19: All participants must be vaccinated against Covid-19, to increase safety for all.
The Difficult Story workshop is for storytellers, writers, ministers, therapists, lawyers, social workers or anyone who has a need to work with stories that are hard to hear and harder to tell. Whether you have a particular story you want to work on or want to explore the power of personal or traditional stories to make the complex understandable and the human touching, this hands-on workshop can help you.
- Understanding what difficult (traditional, historical, personal) stories are
- The value of hearing them without blame or shame
- Appreciating why we must tell them
- How to tell them artfully, truthfully and consciously
Registration & Stipend Information:
- Limited to 12 participants maximum
- Full tuition: $200 per person
- Pay as Led: Stipends of up to $100 for STNM members, and of up to $70 for non-STNM members until stipend funds are expended ($1,000 maximum provided b y STNM). First come, first served.
- Pre-registration required: Send an email request to: firstname.lastname@example.org