- This event has passed.
Storytelling for Community Building and Social Change Series
May 16 @ 7:00 pm - June 13 @ 9:00 pm CDT$50.00
Storytelling for Community Building and Social Change
It is not enough to know there is a problem, you have to understand how and why your participation matters. This is the gift of stories. These are hands-on working sessions designed to teach specific story based techniques for social change.
Two-hour Zoom sessions at 7:00 PM Central on Tuesdays, May 16, 23, 30, June 6 and 13th. You can sign up for one or all.
- Taught by Loren Niemi
- Dates: Tuesdays, May 16, 23, 30, June 6 and 13th
- Time: 7pm Central Time
- Format: 2-hour Zoom session
- Cost: $90
- The Uses of Storytelling in Community Building and Social Change. Tuesday, May 16th -What it is and why it matters. What kinds of stories can they use to frame their work and build participation?
- Story Circles, Tuesday, May 23rd – What Story CIrcles are and how to use them to build shared experience across age, gender and political persuasion..
- The Fact and Practice of Oral History, Tuesday. May 30th How collecting and sharing personal, and organizational experience builds engagement.
- Message Framing, Tuesday, June 6th The practical mechanisms for refining stories to meet the needs of social change.
- Effective Testimony and Presentations on Tuesday, June 13th. How to tell your critical story in three minutes of testimony. How to balance the particularly human experience and the larger issue(s) you are working on.
Taught by Loren Niemi, and based on his 50 years of community organizing and advocacy training with large and small organizations, BIPOC, LGBTQ and immigrant communities.
- Add the number of tickets you want by clicking the ‘+’ button
- Click the ‘Get Tickets’ button.